100 Watt Productions: Innocent Anarchy is an independent theatre company that creates and produces theatre that questions our relationship to the planet and with one another. Kristina Watt Villegas leads the anarchy.
What do we do?
- 100 WATT creates innovative, boundary stretching theatre through collaboration between professional artists and young people.
- 100 WATT projects are driven by a curiosity about humanity’s relationship with nature and to one another. The respect for the environment is integrated not only into the content but in the amount of resources we use (low carbon theatre)
- 100 Watt productions embrace the tension that vibrates between innocence & anarchy, while posing universal questions that may resonate with any age.
- 100 Watt aims for innovative theatre that embraces the collision of unexpected forms
What do we believe?
- 100 Watt believes in theatre that arises from Big Questions that can be posed to artists of any age.
- 100 Watt believes that great things can only happen in a safe space, where trust and play rule.
- 100 Watt believes that the creation of theatre should come at a minimum cost to the environment
- 100 Watt believes that theatre should be an event, an event that actually adds cells to the bodies of audiences. 100 Watt believes that theatre does not only belong in a theatre.
- 100 Watt sees budget restraints as a positive impetus to explore and merge new forms that rely on exercising the imaginations of both the artists and audiences.
- 100 Watt believes in a process of intense, rigorous and play-based learning while building a new work.
Above all, 100 Watt believes that ART IS TANGIBLE. It can be felt, touched, experienced. It has quantifiable value to all. It is magical, but it is not magic; it can be learned and that learning can be shared.
[Image Description: a circle of young people stand back to back, looking up. They wear masks on their heads and red feather scarves. Above are strings with dangling objects. The light on the back wall is fragmented.]
MORE: 100 Watt offers classes, training, coaching in acting, voice, speech, audition preparation, presentation skills, and performance in areas beyond theatre. 100 Watt mentors youth to find and pursue a personal goal that carries both passion and skill.
For more information? Contact Kristina: email@example.com
[Top Banner Image Description: a woman wearing a red sweater with dark brown hair stands and looks out; behind her is a screen with shimmering blue water. The woman’s shadow is reflected on the water]